Sunday, January 17, 2010

i had a dream

There will be pearls around my neck that we picked out just because. My apron will hang underneath them flawlessly, stained with flour and potatoes because I am cooking for my neighbor who just had a baby and can't make dinner for her family. Pot roast and pie. It will be warm outside and when he comes in there will be a single bead of sweat on His brow. We will embrace and be flooded with memories of the years we've spent together. No where in those memories will be the heartache we experienced to find each other. Long gone will be the thoughts of loneliness and worry and that he wouldn't find me. We will sit and laugh about the day and the neighbors and the dog and go to the gym and play games and wonder if it is possible to actually feel this way.

And then I woke up.

No comments: