Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Soco Amaretto Lime

Today is April 14; Exactly 8 days until graduation from college. Last night I was at Target and I started reading greeting cards (that's normal. I approach Target like this - food, candy, shoes, dvds, greeting cards, and jewerly) Well there is an entire graduation greeting card section and I started thinking that this is kind of a big deal. It feels really anticlimactic because I still feel like a 16 year old girl trying to figure out where I'm going to be tomorrow and who I'm going to be with and where I will work and what eternity is. All the same things I thought about when I was 14 and 15 and 16 and now 22. I don't mean to throw myself a pity party but I think I will.
The next 8 days will be a blur. I won't make it. My family will come in town and I'll have to hide from them and people will send me money and I will have to send it back because in my version it never actually happens. In my version I stay young forever and I wish on stars and I sit with my parents as they talk to me about the future.

No comments: