Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's the opposite of a silver tongue?

When I was young, I had a speech impediment that prohibited me from cowwectly pwouncing my "R's". At this time, my Dad was applying for a software sales job at Word Perfect. We were living in Arizona so he sent in a video for the initial interview (Bachelorette Style). The video complimented his resume by saying, "Hey, I'm charasmatic and likable!" To show his sense if humor and family-centered personality, he ended with a shot of his oldest daughter saying enthusiastically, "My Daddy Wants to Wowk for Wowd Pewfect Wwwwweally Bad."

We laughed about that for years and my dad would facetiously give me credit for the subsequent job offer and move to Texas. I am now realizing that really this was the beginning of me getting away with saying ridiculous things and still maintaining my street cred.

No comments: