Friday, November 23, 2012

Babel by Mumford and Sons

When the new Mumford and Sons cd came out a few months ago, I was a bit disappointed. It didn't really speak to me the way past Mumford has. I blamed myself, mostly, because there is no way they can produce anything besides mind blowing perfection. Admittedly, I didn't put in the time to appreciate it.. Usually when I get new music, I spend an hour laying in bed with the lights off listening to it and deciding how I feel (ex. Thank Me Later, Speak Now, Sigh No More, anything Alanis Morissette and Tha Carter III), which I didn't do with Babel.
 
On Wednesday I decided to revisit and attempt to recapture the emotion of the music. Laying in bed with the lights off doesn't feel like an option these days, so I decided to get on the treadmill and not get off until I had fallen in love.
 
..on a side note, I'm going to start approaching relationships with the vigilance I do music.
 
Here's my take.
 
Favorite songs:
5. I Will Wait
4. Below My Feet
3. Lover's Eyes
2. Not With Haste
1. Lover in the Light
Bonus Fav: Reminder

I want Lover in the Light to play at my wedding.
Below my Feet reminds me of my relationship with my dad over the last 2 years.
Not with Haste is the ideal anthem for my life.

So glad I put in the time to fall for it. Been on repeat ever since. I highly recommend you purchase this album.

No comments: