Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Couple That Doesn't Go On Ellen Together, Stays Together

I'm a fan of the Kardashian family. On a scale of 1 to #TeamKUWTK I am normally a 4. So, when I heard the news of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries breaking up yesterday and I felt the need to scream, there was a problem. When I walked around the office and shared the news with my new coworkers who previously respected me, there was a problem. I turned into a crazy #TeamKUWTK fan for a second.

..And therein lies the problems associated with cultivating relationships with what I would consider fictional characters.

Now that I have calmed down, my fundamental issue lies in the fact that I believe in marriage. I believe it to be the "ideal pattern for human living". I believe that a person should marry once and make decisions with the sole purpose of maintaining that relationship.

I believe that influential people should take this charge even more fervently. Older siblings, parents, mentors, athletes, celebrities- anyone who has someone watching need to take this very seriously. The greater your sphere of influence, the better decisions you must make.

Kim and Kris- You've let me down.

2 comments:

Lauren Wright said...

I was just trying to explain this concept to Andrew tonight. Based on the Kim/Kris breakup. Thanks for putting the thoughts into words better than I could. Love you!

Taylor said...

At least we've still got Khloe & Lamar. <3