Saturday, November 12, 2011

Watch out SUN, it's my turn to shine

Been listening to some Beyonce lately. There's a line in her song that makes me laugh because it is so outrageous; "If you leave me you're out of your mind". It also makes me laugh. Here's why:

Shortly after my 21st birthday I was in love with a beautiful man who decided that he could not continue with the plans we made. Three days after the break-up, when I was stable enough to tell my family and friends, I was driving on the freeway listening to Not As We by Alanis Morrissette and my dad called. I reluctantly answered the call hoping he was butt dialing.

"Hey, daddy!" (must...... not...... admit...... weakness......)
"Hey, babe. Your mom told me what happened. How are you?"
"I'm fine."
"Well I used to think he was a smart guy but clearly he's out of his mind."

Dad, if you're helping Beyonce write music now, I'd like a song about me.

No comments: