Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How to annoy me...

There's this part in Mean Girls where Queen Bee Regina George is obsessed with losing 3 pounds. She tries a variety of weight loss regimens that are proposterous and ineffective and always ends by saying "I really want to lose 3 pounds." We all laugh cause it's funny to watch someone be so unneccesarily centered around their weight loss. The curious thing about Mean Girls, and the reason it is so commonly loved is because of it's direct application to the female gender. Someday I will be in a Psychology class and I will opt to do a paper called "What We Learn About Ourselves From Mean Girls". That would require going back to school, so for now I will stick to the blog.

I decided that pet peeve # 345,789,001 of mine is the permadieters in my life. I am going to get heat for this and probably make people feel like idiots but it's on my mind. This isn't to say I don't understand. I've had my share of issues with the way my body was made and I don't know why I was lucky enough to grow out of this. The reality of the matter is that you won't be happy until you're content. And that means abandoning the stupid thoughts in your head. I won't tell y'all my secret but I will say that when you say the words, "I want to lose __ pounds", I won't be listening.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Your right... why is it that I always feel the need to lose weight? It didn't hit me until I was 20 when I had friends that dwelled on it and it rubbed off on me... now it has just become a habit...

keri mae rhineer heaton said...

no worries!! yes i am a blog stalker... and i found yours!! haha i love it... the second thing is i love ya!! you are funny