Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Best Day Ever

There was a point when I actually let out a yelp of happiness, simply because I couldn't keep it in any longer. I made a point to only interact when it was necessary. I didn't think about school or work or money or the decisions in my life. I stopped to notice the weather. I thought about how blessed I was to be able to travel to places most girls only dreamed of. I thought about how long it'd taken me to get to a point where I could let myself be truly happy, even for a moment. I thought about the satisfaction I would feel when I could share this experience with someone. That was the only feeling of longing I had. The feeling that someone else would love this day as much as I did. Other than that, the only feelings were freedom, endless possibilities, and money well spent. I said whatever I wanted and did whatever I wanted. I slept in a hotel bed next to an incadescant fireplace and a window with a view of the ocean. I shaved my legs because I could and ran for miles and took 2 hours to get ready. I pretended I was a queen. I pretended I was a CEO. I pretended I was important. For 5 days I was whatever I wanted to be.

No comments: