Friday, April 24, 2009

Don't Worry Lover, It's Really Bursting At The Seams

In the past year I have moved a lot. Each time it's to embark on some new adventure way beyond my maturity level. Typically, moving leaves me with feelings of anxiety, sadness, and uncertainty. Strangely, this time is completely different. I don't know exactly what it is. The pessimist in me would suggest that I am too calloused to feel these feelings anymore. That's not it though because I am only 21 and I lead a relatively charmed life. It might be because I am sick and the only emotions that accompany illness for me are perpetual lethargy and the desire to heave my phone into oncoming traffic when it rings. It also might be that I am leaving to go to Aruba and then Texas which could possibly be my first and second places on earth. Who feels anxiety when they live like this? 

Reminds me of one my favorite Rod Dial quotes, which also happens to be my goal in life:

"When I go out of town I have to call it a trip because my entire life is a vacation."

No comments: