Monday, March 23, 2009

Work

Being currently unemployed makes me think about work. This is the first time in a LONG time that I haven't had a job. In January, I set a goal to not work for 4 months and just focus on school. I tend to be somewhat of a workaholic when I do work, and the less I work, the less I want to. I know I am happiest when I put in a full days work in whatever I am doing, and yet somehow I lose that perspective in seasons like this where my only responsibilities are my classes and my gym attendance. 

The problem is, there is no middle ground for me. There is no such this as a "Part-Time" job. No way for me to forget about working when I am working, and no way for me to think about working when I am not. I am a woman of extreme opposites. Love or Hate. Eat or Don't. Work or Sit At Home And Watch Prison Break Until My Eyes Fall Out.
 
My only advice to myself is to enjoy this time because this summer I will go back to working hard. And there is not a doubt in my mind that I will enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: