Sunday, September 7, 2008

How Grey's Anatomy Ruined My Perception Of Love

I believe that things happen for a reason. I believe in perfection and happiness and growing old together. I believe that people make mistakes. I believe that they change their mind and come back and that if you stand in the rain long enough they will come out and rescue you. I believe in making out in elevators. I believe in working hard. I believe that time heals most wounds, but that some wounds shouldn't heal. I have flaws and scars and silly little quirks, and I believe that is okay. In fact, I believe that some people appreciate imperfection. I believe that shopping makes things 2% better (okay didn't learn that from TV, did learn that from recent experience. 2% momentary joy followed by intense pain again. And might I say, well worth the $700). I believe in seeing past regret and sorrow and the mound of used tissues by your bed and waking up in the morning. I believe in chocolate and treadmills and trips to Seattle and The Way We Were and spandex and tomorrow being a new day.

No comments: