Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Call me old fashion, but...

I used to hate dating. I used to take frequent breaks from this age old ritual by saying I was going to be un-boy crazy for a month or a semester or a season. The last time I took one of these self inflicted sabbaticals was in May. I moved to Texas and decided that with a new city I would live by a new set of rules. No more random boys, no more making out, no more of the drama associated with Saturday nights out with boys whose sole purpose was to entertain me and pick up the tab at The Cheesecake Factory. I thought I was really going to make it. I pondered about all the great things I could do when the only man in my life was my dad. I decided I wanted to knit and work a ton and eat more salad. I had this whole plan ready to set in motion... Then I went to church. And work. And the mall. And everywhere else where there were men looking at me the way I want and asking to buy me dinner. It became increasingly difficult to stick to my guns. Because you want to know what?! I love dating!I love attention and dinner and when they watch you walk and meet the family and get the door and look at you the right way. There's something exhilarating about it all.

Obviously my sabbatical ended about a week after it started, and since then I've contemplated taking a break. Contemplated taking a break and then shortly thereafter realized it is Saturday night and I am hungry for Sushi with a side of light, suggestive banter. Unfortunately, light suggestive banter is just not something my grandma offers. So I snap out of it, like a really stable cocaine addict.

No comments: