Thursday, July 10, 2008

random quotes, thoughts, and other unimportant things

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."
Well said Mr. Cosby. If fact, well enough said that for once in my life I have no response. So ponder on that.



Secondly, Apple, teamed up with AT&T, has created a monopoly. It's true. I just saw an advertisement- Which by the way, I love advertisements, I could look at them all day. Just the way they mix images and words to make it appealing is really fantastic and sends me into a tizzy of thoughts about how I would have created the ad and if my way would have been better and if I would have won a Clio- the ad wasn't even for the iPhone but all it said was "Best iPhone Rivals: even if you can't switch carriers yet, you can still enjoy some features of the iPhone." Basically insinuating that we will ALL switch carriers and ALL enjoy EVERY feature of the iPhone because we will someday ALL have the iPhone and Apple will rule the world.

Maybe the reason this maddens me so is because A. monopolies are the antithesis of the free market society which we should all seek and foster in our pursuit of a Perfect! America!. Secondly, I want, need, covet anyone who has, and would give my left kidney to obtain, an iPhone. Curse you consumerism!

No comments: